Lefty's Poppin' Bug Bodies 6/pack - 3 sizes : S, M, L
FLYBASS IS THE ONLY EXCLUSIVE SOURCE FOR THESE BODIES ANYWHERE!
When Lefty Kreh uses and endorses something, we listen. I believe he's the foremost authority on fly fishing in the world today.
Lefty developed these bodies several years ago and they are time tested.
- Small: Approximately 1/2" - The small size is perfect for panfish and fish with small mouths (not to be confused with smallmouth).
- Medium: Approximately 3/4" - The medium is the best all around size for any number of fish that like poppers.
- Large: Approximately 1 1/8" - The large size is designed for saltwater, but can be used for larger gamefish such as pike and even muskie.
You can purchase the ready made flies in bulk packs HERE.
We sell the completed flies as both:
- Bass/In-Shore Popping Bugs S & M(Panfish and Bass - 12/pack)
- Saltwater of SW Popping Bugs (Larger gamefish: Pike, Snook, Baby Tarpon, etc - 6/pack).
Small for panfish, and Medium is the perfect size for bass.
Large for Pike, Big Bass and Saltwater.
1) Large Saltwater/Big Bass/Pike = Mustad CK74S SS 2XH/4XL - Size 1 or 1/0
2) Medium Bass = Mustad 34011 #2; also for saltwater Mustad CK74S SS - size 4
3) Small Panfish = 4X Streamer hook #6 or Mustad 34100 #4 or #6 (#6 is smaller than #4)
The 33903 Kink shank also works well in #6 or #8)
SPECIAL HOOK PLACEMENT NOTE
These bodies come with a pr/e-drilled hole used when they are shaped.
DO NOT USE THIS HOLE FOR HOOK PLACEMENT on the LARGE size!
The hook eye will ride too high reducing the gap and angling the hook off level on the side plane.
The rear hole can be used, but you need to create a new channel approximately 1/16 - 1/8" above the bottom front contour.
You can also slice a channel with a cutting device and lay the hook into the groove. I believe the channel approach is best.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Lefty's Poppin' Bugs - FlyBass.com
Brad Miller discusses Lefty's Poppin' Bug bodies and how to t...
Lefty's Bass Popping Bugs Bodies - FlyBass.biz
Exclusively available on FlyBass.biz - Lefty's Bass and Saltwa...
Bass Popper Tying Tools - Extended Whip Finisher
Brad Miller covers a line up of popper fly tying tools that ar...
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Nice size for panfish and once sealed properly, will hold paint and hold up to numerous fish.
Very good, just what I wanted.
Very easy to tie, especially for a beginner like me. I am waiting for the chance to use them on the water. A top notch product from a top notch company!
The other reviews are right about the holes making them easy to tie. One thing that makes these poppers unique from the other foam bodies with pre-punched holes is that Lefty's have a flat face that is slanted. They still pop but they are much easier to pick up on the cast. The ability to quickly pick up and cast right back to a "rise" can be the difference between fishing and catching.
These are the deal! They are prepunched so hook insertion is easy and they tie up well. I have some more on order, the prices are good and if you are just getting into fly tying like I am these are a must have for a starter project. FlyBass is a good merchant to do business with, good prices and quick service.
These are great- the holes for the hook are prepunched and the are really easy to tie. Looking forward to catching soe bass on them, I will definitely order more of them. Thanks for a great product!